Saturday, March 23, 2013

March Madness = March Happiness

The Minnesota Gophers are making this month of madness something to cheer about...the women's hockey team is set to play for the national title and the men's basketball team is proving to be a team to be aware of...go Gophers...

Another fun thing happening today is my half brother, Steve Thayer, is celebrating his 60th birthday! What a rockstar! Memories of Steve go far and deep..while in my youth he was someone I was able to lean on and be a pesty teen around!

Happy Birthday Steve!

Today is March 23rd and I have my own celebration going on in my head! Today marks 11 months since I started this journey to wellness!

I want to share with you some clarification from my last entry! I was not a sad nor depressed kid growing up! I had a great childhood filled with lots and lots of Joy! We had the best Christmases...filled with family and friends...birthdays never passed without some sort of party...and a bike on our 6th birthday ...oh and the camping memories ...we travelled far and wide..Black Hills, Hayward, Brainerd etc!

My last entry was only meant as an explanation of how messages can mess with your head and cause you to not take care of yourself. My mother was not evil she has had bad messages planted in her head and the cycle continues if one is not careful...

I have learned so much over these last 11months. I have learned..

-To push my body
-To eat right
-That I control what goes into my mouth
-That I really don't need diet coke or anything caffeinated
-That in the right setting and with the right people working out can be awesome
-That my love for running is REAL
-That I am indeed getting older but that I can slow down the affects
-That when you make the choice to change you will lose some friends...BUT make new ones too!!
-that through good examples I can teach others how to make changes (Lydia)
-oh oh oh I have learned to listen to my body...to take breaks and that it is okay to splurge...or cheat!

But the best thing I have learned is to...

Look up and into the mirror and LOVE what I see!




No comments:

Post a Comment