Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Joy -fully it has been a Year!

We have all heard that joy comes from within...when you encounter joy your body reacts...either with that shiver...or your mind becomes so full ...or your break out in a smile...

This year has been a year of joy for me. 

Last April 23rd the last thing I wanted to do was show up for my scheduled Personal Training session and I remember driving he 2 miles as slow as possible.  The closer I got the more that little voice was saying turn around...forget it...don't do it...you will make a fool of yourself...

I didn't listen...

I am finding this really hard to put into words. 

All along I knew there was an athlete waiting to escape.  As a child I was active and was pretty competent on any field...in HS and in college I participated in sports...and I ran...I loved to run...but then life happened...I collapsed emotionally and physically.  In the span of 2 years I became a wife, a mother and was a teacher...all roles that served others...

And like many of us women out there we put ourselves...mind body and soul second...third...fourth...

I have no regrets...I love my husband...children and my profession...but I don't really think I loved myself...

I didn't love myself enough to take care of me...

Then one day as I was laying on my bed...drinking a DC...and probably eating chips...and watching TV...I said enough...This is suppose to be your year and you are blowing it! (I had determined 2012 to be my year...but didn't have specific plans)

It took me about a week to find someone that could tolerate me...I guess what I mean someone with enough patience to work with middle aged way out of shape person...

The rest is history...

Now I know most people think that we shouldn't put so much value on how you look...but dang it...it does matter...weight...and body composition and healthy bones and muscles do matter...A LOT...but the joy I have gained ranks high up there too...really high!

I look in the mirror and I like what I see...I like the fact that my face is thinner...and not jiggly...I like the fact that I am more willing to wear colors...I like the fact that I don't try to blend into the background...I like the fact that my life has taken on a new purpose...

A new purpose?

Inspiration....

People ask and I tell them...I encourage them and I share what I know works...

Joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment