Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sprint Triathlon...Beginner Style

Last summer my sister completed a Sprint Triathlon and I was there to watch.  It was so cool.  I was inspired but never thought it would be something I would do.  But as my physical being improved...I knew that I would have to find out a way to challenge my body.  I knew that I wouldn't be able to "just" lift weights and go home and be content...nope!  I also know that running a marathon is not my thing...that is a long way to go and do only one thing...run! The thought of training for that made me very weary! So it finally clicked that I could/should do a sprint triathlon.  I committed myself to do them by mentioning it to a couple key people in my life...and then I panicked... 

I don't know how to swim effectively.  I can stay afloat....I can probably make it from one end of the pool to another but that is about it...I do think I have the other two aspects of a TRI down pat...biking...and running...Well biking...maybe not...I need to learn how to use the gears correctly and lengthen my distance...I am doing a Spinning Class starting this week.

Anyway...just today I registered for some swim lessons...I am hoping to do a few private lessons to learn a good basic stroke/method...and then I will start my training.  

My immediate plan is to alternate between swim, bike, run...until I can do each segment smoothly.

Then I plan on combining /transitioning between two segments.  

I am getting really excited to start training.  It should be a lot of fun!  




No comments:

Post a Comment