Monday, April 1, 2013

Surgery and beyond...

On Wednesday I will be having surgery.  I am having a herniated disc removed in my neck!  I could give you all the medical terminology but to be honest I don't get it at all..the short of it is the doctor will be making a small incision in my neck and then take out the disc...tah dah!  No I am not really nervous...but I am anxious...I will explain that later...

I will be going to the hospital by 5:45 and prep for surgery...I am thinking that it will start around 7?  At least that is my plan!  I have complete confidence in Dr Barti of St Croix Orthopedic....He comes highly regarded.

I am still not sure if I will be home Wednesday afternoon or spending the night.  The doc says outpatient and the nurse says overnight...I guess time will tell...

Anxiety...

It is no secret that nearly a year ago I started training with a Personal Trainer...it has been amazing.  I have dedicated myself to this adventure and it has paid off a million fold...it has been my focus for 11 months plus...

This is where surgery and healing come in.  My doctor briefly mentioned that I won't be able to lift much for a month .....a MONTH...that is like 30 days...lol...As in May 3rd (ahem my birthday) before I can possibly work out again!

Since January I have been working out most everyday...5 days a week with maybe 2-3 days plus Spring Break off...so not getting to workout is really stressful!  Stop rolling your eyes!

I have been advised to really listen to the doctors warnings about activity otherwise the healing process can get messed up!

Because of this surgery I have placed my focus and energy into planning some training this spring...

More to come later about that!




No comments:

Post a Comment