Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Eggs-actly

Up until last Sunday I had never eaten one! Is that weird?

In June I had made it a goal to try an egg sometime before Christmas. The reason being I knew it was a great source of protein...right?

Here is the problem...I am s texture freak! And come on...just looking at an egg I knew the texture would throw me over the edge! In fact just writing this makes me shudder! Also the odor of freshly peeled or cooked eggs is pretty strong...smelly! It is something I just couldn't get over! And besides those two issues...my mom doesn't like them so she never made them so as a kid I never was really introduced to them...

This all brings me to Sunday and my egg experience ...I got a spinach salad from Panera...and right on top is a hard boiled egg...shudder...but then I thought...just eat it you big baby!

So I looked at it for awhile...picked it upland smelled it...poked at it...then I nibbled it...eh not bad...I swallowed and took another actual bite..,I didn't gag but I was warned that the yolk was icky for some...so another bite landed me into the yolk and eh not bad! I then polished off the rest and didn't throw up...but I did struggle a bit when some of it mushed up between my cheek and gum...but I survived!

This weekend I plan on boiling some eggs and make another attempt at eating them!

My next adventure will be fish....Ewww

2 comments:

  1. Eggs ... Yum. I can't believe you haven't had eggs until now! Hopefully you will grow to love them :-) I ate a Greek yogurt yesterday because of you. I had tried this in the past ... Maybe two years ago ... And hated it. But I loved it yesterday! So I bought a few more :-) I can't stand fish!!! Maybe you will inspire me there ... But seafood freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite breakfasts: a piece of bread with a circle cut out of the center and an egg fried in the middle. YUM! Also love me some egg salad sandwiches, but I'm not sure if that's too fatty for you.

    And I have tried to convince myself to like fish for my ENTIRE life. I finally gave up. I just stick with shellfish.

    ReplyDelete