Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Up Early...

Right now I can barely keep my eyes open...I am so tired.

Today started with the alarm going off at 4:50.  I set it a bit early so that I could get all my duds on for my run...it takes a bit longer in the winter.  

After getting the dogs settled I set out on my 3 mile route.  It is what I stick to in the wee hours of the day.  As soon as I took off I knew it would be a good steady run.  

There was no wind and just a slight snow fall...so peaceful.  I wore my big mittens, face mask and my head lamp...by the time I hit the home stretch the mittens were off and the headlamp was around my neck!  I am sure I looked the site!  

Upon getting back I checked my time and realized I made it in 33 minutes..2 minutes better than my usual time.  I was content.  

I quickly got my breakfast ready, then ready for work and then I prepped some spaghetti sauce for dinner, made lunches and headed off to work.  

Work was exhausting but I so looked forward to working out afterward...I think it kept me afloat today

Laura joined me working out.  It was a good workout mostly legs and arms...which totally zonked me out.  My legs are achy tonight oh and so are my arms...lol..all good! 

The best news...something I was anticipating being quite the opposite is that since my last time weighing in...12/20 til today I lost 3 pounds..how's that for Christmas and New Year cheer?  I was so relieved and I think I smiled for an hour!  

Thankfully dinner was in the crockpot and that today is Wednesday and not Monday...two more days and then a short reprieve!  

How was your day! 

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome way to start the new year! And spaghetti is always one of my favorite foods! I had it for lunch too!

    ReplyDelete