Thursday, January 31, 2013

Making my own assumptions: Being overweight and age!

So...here I sit...full of anticipation ....surprised that I have already heard from my doctor about my MRI.. I had mixed emotions but first I went into complete doom...something I always fall to...but then I did a little research (at the urging of a friend) and I found out that it isn't as bad as it first seemed.  I do have an appointment with an orthopedic clinic and will find out a course of action.

From what I gathered from the preliminary reading of the MRI is that I have a herniated disc...and then some narrowing of something (lol) in two other areas. 

And the additional frustrating part is that the common causes are directly related to aging and weight.  One thing I am controlling and other...well..yay..no control...

So yet another reason why we should all be encouraging our youth to stay physically fit.  I can't even begin to tell you how sad and upset I was to learn that maybe I wouldn't be able to continue working out or not be able to run...or that I would put weight back on...I know I went to the most awful to me thoughts first, but man...it stinks to think those things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment