Sunday, January 6, 2013

If I had $10 for...

If I had $10 for every time someone told me I was an inspiration to them I would have a couple thousand dollars...oh I could use that cash...

Since returning to work this fall I have fielded many comments about my weight loss.  It has been good.  Many compliments...many whys and many hows...I was warned this was going to happen..

At first it was hard to answer..although the attention was earned I am not one to relish in it. 

As time has passed the hows have become more sincere and find myself being pretty upfront with people..

"I bet it was hard..."  I honestly tell people that it was not really HARD...the reason?  because I am doing it for myself!  I am not doing it for any other reason...just for me!  

"What was the hardest thing to give up?"  Well I didn't have to give up anything but I did decide that certain things were no longer needed or wanted...I no longer needed or wanted my beloved Diet Coke...

"How often do you workout?"  Everyday! (some days more than others)

"Oh I can't do  _________ or _____________"  Well you asked so I told you.....

I totally know you have to want this for yourself or it won't work...I know what work(s) for me and it has been a lifestyle change.  




2 comments: