Sunday, January 20, 2013

This and That...

Sitting here in my sweats and reflecting on my week..it has been an interesting full week.  My blog is intended to be a reflection and reinvention of my myself....

Yoga!  What a surprise!  I like it!  It has been a pleasant surprise...I did 3 classes of Bikram Yoga in New York this summer and it was good.  I had every intention of looking for a studio here in MN but never got around to following thru...so when my friend Melissa told me about the Moksha studio that she has been going to I invited myself along.  It is hot yoga and the class we are going to is cardio based.  Today we went in the early afternoon and there were lots and lots of people...and a few excessively sweaty boys...Today we both felt calmer and relaxed with lots of energy afterward!  Looking forward to going again!




Workouts!  This week I was prompted to switch up my workouts.  In the past 8 plus months I have been working out two times a week with my trainer and then doing cardio on my own..mostly running outside.  This week I started out doing a workout in more of a class environment...2-3 of us right now...it is the same stuff I have been doing...but with breaks...I really like going every day...the consistency...the intensity...and the ME time!  It has really helped me focus on how to make it a priority but also how to "keep" living, also!  Rachael, a coworker, has been attending with me and it has been fun having a cardio buddy!

Work! What can I say.  Thankfully the kid part of work is going well.  I really enjoy the teens in my classes.  A couple of my students have really been struggling and I have been trying to help them.  It is hard to step in when it really should be their parents.  We had conferences this week and that always throughs me off...long day and night..I should say that all parts of work are going okay.  I just don't like to do all the "other" stuff that is required!  But who does?

Illness!  So on Friday after my workout I was feeling icky!  I had errands to run and upon getting home I was disoriented! First thing I thought was the FLU!  I crashed for a couple hours, ate some dinner, and drank a lot a lot of water and felt back to normal!  I think it was all because I didn't eat on my usual schedule...that will teach me!

Social!  Okay so one of my goals for this year was to become more social!  It isn't really a resolution but something that I need to bring back into my life.  Raising kids you are sort of forced into the social circle that deals with their extra curricular activities...Girl Scouts, sports, Parent groups etc...well for the most part that is over for me..I do still have some Lydia stuff but not much.  So I find myself at home quite a bit...ironically it is something I craved back in my busy days.  I am needing to find things to do and places to be...Yesterday I started texting some friends telling them I am bored and that we should get together.  All of them contacted me and said they were bored too!  lol...So we are in the progress of lining up some "fun" stuff!

Weekend!  This weekend has been so relaxing...so much so I haven't done much! lol...My house is a disaster...It is so cold that I have found myself wrapped up in blankets!  Yoga has given me more energy but the cold has stopped me from using it!

Daughters!  Lydia strained her back so had a doctor appointment on Friday.  Her older sister and I both have lower back issues so it isn't totally surprising.  The doctor did a nice job explaining it to her and what she needed to do.  She has been following thru for the most part and hopefully it will be all better by the end of the week!

Lincoln!  What a great movie!  I was really wanting to go to a chic flick but no one could go with me so I settle on seeing Lincoln with the hubby!  What a great great flick!  I urge everyone to go!  The line with the most impact on me "Can you just be liberal instead of your selfish self.."  There were many humorous parts and some that surprised me!

So there you have it!  I long complete week!   How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment